Just when it feels like we’re adjusting to our “new normal,” the curveballs keep on coming. Will our kids adjust to virtual classrooms? What happens when the sunny weather turns to snow? How long will this go on, anyway?
We get it: Navigating this pandemic can be exhausting. While we can’t fix your wi-fi during an important video call or magically stock your local store with paper towels… you can count on ERIE to keep doing what we do best: protecting what matters most to you.
Need a refresher? Here are some ways ERIE is (still) here for you.
10 Reasons To Be Glad You’re With ERIE During COVID-19
- Customer dividends/relief payments, mailed directly to you in May: In the wake of pandemic stay-at-home orders, ERIE distributed approximately $200 million in dividends (relief payments in New York) to our auto insurance customers with policies in force as of April 1, 2020. We were surprised and delighted to receive more than 1,400 greeting cards, typed letters and handwritten notes in the mail from customers sharing their gratitude. Thanks for the appreciation, and know that brightening your day is reward enough!
- Auto rate reductions for long-term relief: With fewer drivers on the road, and to provide long-term, steady and stable relief, ERIE sought to reduce rates for automobile products by approximately $200 million1. Learn more about our rate reductions, announced April 9, 2020.
- Everyday value (and extra ways to save): You get what you pay for – and with ERIE, that means affordable car insurance that doesn’t cut corners on valuable coverage or service. Better yet? You’ve got your very own local ERIE agent to customize your policy to be just the right fit. Talk to your local agent about how to avoid increases to your car insurance rate and see if you qualify for common insurance discounts2.
- Giving back to our local communities: When the world began to change, our agents and employees stepped up to thank first responders, healthcare workers and others on the front lines. To boost their efforts, we made more than $2 million available to agents and branch offices to support their charitable work in local communities. See some of the creative ways our agents gave back to their hometowns.
- Supporting our employees so they can support you: At ERIE, our employees are our family. While they’ve been farther apart these past few months, they are still finding ways to come together to serve our customers, agents and communities. Our employees have made masks for local nonprofits and written letters to seniors. Our Workplace Reset team has helped our employees adjust to remote work, aiding in home ergonomics and sending a care package or two. Our employees even have a few work-from-home tips to share.
- A quicker, easier way to get life insurance coverage: September is Life Insurance Awareness Month, an annual effort that helps raise awareness about what life insurance is and why it matters. To celebrate, ERIE Family Life introduced ERIExpress Life, designed to help customers quickly apply for life insurance without having to get a physical medical exam. In most cases, you can complete the entire application process over the phone, waiving the paramedical exam and limiting in-person interactions. Coverage options range from term to whole life policies, with amounts from $10,000 to $500,0003. Learn more about ERIExpress Life, announced August 2020.
- Gift card reimbursement coverage: We all miss the comfort of sitting in our favorite coffee shop or perusing the local boutiques. Buying gift cards is a great way to support your favorite spots, even if they aren’t operating exactly like they used to. Erie Insurance added gift card and gift certificate reimbursement coverage to the company’s ErieSecure Home® policies. The additional feature, included at no additional cost, would reimburse customers for remaining balances on gift cards for local businesses (located within 100 miles of the customer’s residence) purchased within one year of the business permanently closing. This benefit is available for up to $250 per gift card and $500 in the aggregate, per policy period. Learn more about our gift card coverage, announced April 16, 2020.
- Expanding identity recovery services to extended family members living elsewhere: Social distancing directives result in many people staying connected virtually, which may result in increased exposure to cybercrime. ERIE offers identity recovery coverage with all ErieSecure Home® bundles and as an add-on to our Home Protector policies. Through December 2020, we’re extending support services to assist in recovering from a possible identity theft at no additional cost to include our customers’ extended family members, including those not residing with the policyholder. This includes:
- Adult children (26 or older), their spouse and their children
- Parents, including stepparents and legally adoptive parents
- Siblings, including step-siblings and adoptive siblings
- Flexible payment and billing options: While we may be living in uncertain times, you can be certain that ERIE and your local agent are here to help you through it. From updating coverage options, delaying payment dates, adjusting installments, changing pay plans and waiving penalties and fees. In addition, some billing requests including deferring payments and non-pay cancellations can also be requested through erieinsurance.com/help or through your ERIE Online Account.
- Award-winning financial strength and stability, so you can rest easy: There are many uncertainties in the world right now, but we’ve weathered some storms throughout our 95 years in business and don’t plan on changing course now. We’re proud to have received A+ (Superior) and A (Excellent) honors from A.M Best, a company that analyzes over 16,000 insurance companies worldwide based on their financial stability.
While the seasons begin to change, you can be sure that ERIE is here for you. Whether it’s community service, customer service or claims service, doing the right thing is what we’re all about. Learn more about what makes ERIE different.
1Rate changes varied by state and were based on individually purchased policies and coverage options.
2Discounts subject to eligibility criteria and rates and rules in effect at the time of purchase. See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply.
3This life insurance offer from Erie Family Life Insurance Company is available for applicants ages 18-55 with policy face amounts up to $500,000. All applications are subject to underwriting approval and certain health conditions may require a fully underwritten life policy instead. Talk to your ERIE Agent for details. ERIE® life insurance products are not available in New York. Go to erieinsurance.com for company licensure and product details.
A better insurance experience starts with ERIE.
Haven’t heard of us? Erie Insurance started with humble beginnings in 1925 with a mission to emphasize customer service above all else. Though we’ve grown to reach the Fortune 500 list, we still haven’t lost the human touch.
Contact Micheal Smith Insurance Agency today to experience the ERIE difference for yourself.